Hey y’all! Guess what? I think I can smell SPRING! The problem is, my face/hair/skin are all still firmly ensconced in WINTER MODE. Dry, pale, frizzy…so hot. Not. Well, I have a feeling that I’m not the only one, and I have some secret weapons to share with you. Winter skin, begone! You have no power here! The best part? All of these products are a steal! The most expensive one is 18 bucks. You’re welcome.
1. Olay Complete SPF 30: I just started using moisturizer recently, because I was under the impression that it made my face break out. WRONG. Now I do. I sound like a commercial but it’s true. 12 bucks. Heck yes.
2. Greatlash Mascara: pink bottle, green cap. All you’ll ever need to know. Get. It. $3-$4.00
6. Jergen’s Natural Glow: I looked for a long time before I found a self-tanner that will leave my vampire-like skin anything but orange and streaky. This has several shades that leave a natural, blotch-free color that builds up very gradually, so you have more control over the amount of tan you get. 7-8 dollars for a pretty substantial bottle.
7. VO5 Hot Oil w/Vitamin E: My hair gets really dry because of the constant styling and the chlorine in the water, but this stuff left it soft and, dare I say it, MANAGEABLE. A miracle! 4 bucks for what is supposed to be two treatments, but it depends how thick your hair is. I had to use both bottles. Still not spendy, though.
8. Orly Nail Polish: I love the “Gumdrop” color, despite the nauseating name, it’s a very cool blue that never fails to generate compliments. It’s just as high-quality as OPI, in my opinion. You can find it online, or at ULTA beauty stores, for 7 dollars per bottle.
9. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm: I thought it was impossible to improve on Chapstick, but I can’t live without my Burt’s. It’s minty, soothing, and organic (for all you hippies. I love you.) I get mine at Fred Meyer, but you can find it at a lot of stores, as well as online, for 3 bucks a tube. They also have colored formulas with great shimmer, if you’re less of a purist.
10. Outremer Oceane Eau de Toilette: Words cannot describe how much I love the smell of this stuff. I want to bathe in it. I buy mine from Anthropologie, and for a while they discontinued it. I nearly died. Thankfully, it’s availble on Amazon for 18 dollars a bottle. It’s light, beachy, (not “Beachy”, which usually translates to powdery and overly floral), and even a perfume snob like me was immediatly smitten. Everyone wants to know what it is when they smell it on you. Just smile sweetly and say “It’s French”, and feel like a million bucks.